Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Monday 21 November 2016

Christmas Through the Year

And this will be my last CTTY post for the year as I think I have completed all my Christmas stitching!
Many thanks to Anthea for keeping us on our toes this year - you can see what other people have been up to on her blog here

I have finished two more wheat bags


and a couple more crazy hearts.


Then I decided that it was time for a Christmas gift for me! I love this Mouse Pincushion pattern by Natalie Bird and bought the pattern last year when I finally tracked down a copy in the UK. But that is as far as it went. Now seemed like a great time to make it.


And here is my completed pincushion.

I adapted the pattern to suit me as I don't do wool applique - instead I embroidered the large mouse and flower on the side panel.

I also swapped the felt ball on the top for a loop - filled with crushed walnut shells this is quite a hefty pin cushion and the loop makes it easy to move around.


I used some of my favourite Tilda fabric and this dusky pink spot which sadly has now all been used up.

The pattern even includes some of my favourite hexies! These are 3/4".

So that's me done for this year - I already have a few ideas for 2017 so watch this space!

10 comments:

  1. Love, LOVE your crazy hearts! They are gorgeous. Love the dragonfly on velvet. Are they filled with some lavender or something? So wonderful! I also love your mouse. Just between you and I, I think your rendition is better than the pattern. The loop makes a lot of sense. It is adorable. Great job on spoiling yourself with an early Christmas gift, lol. Enjoy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good collection of finishes - and the pincushion is stunning, a great success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love your pincushion... they are a great size arent they and the walnut shells will keep it still..... love your version. GReat wheat bags and crazy hearts too... you have been busy...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful finishes. The mouse cushion is adorable and I love that you have included the hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so beautiful finish.The pincushion is fantastic,added to my large to do list.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! The wheat bags are such a great idea! I need to make one! I'm always getting neckaches! It'll have to go on my list!
    Love your crazy hearts, they are sooooo pretty! What a cute pincushion, it's so cute! And the hexies are gorgeous, of course!
    Hugs,
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work there Lin... can't wait to see your ideas for next year! Thx for supporting CTTY ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Love that you embroidered it - the fabric looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done for being so organised throughout the year to have all your Christmas sewing completed.
    You've done a great job with your pincushion, the embroidered mice work very well with the beautiful fabrics you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work Lin,glad you made yourself that pretty pin cushion ,well done .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.