Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Thursday 23 June 2016

UFO update

Just a short post to update you on the progress of my latest UFO project. My Four Seasons crazy blocks have now been joined together using the velvet that I dyed olive green here. And I am really pleased with how the colour has worked with my blocks.


The first thing I did was to extend the 'forsythia' out of the spring block into the frame and also brought a climbing flower out of the summer block.


But I also wanted to do something that would unify all the blocks and so I have started to add a heavy chain stitch meandering around the frame with the intention of treating it differently as it touches each block. The first section is complete and I have given it a frosty treatment with sequins, beads and sparkly thread. 


I also added a button 'snowdrift' in the corner.


As a complete contrast to snow we have had a sudden heatwave with temperatures of over 30 for the last three days. Tomorrow they dip again with possible storms so ever changing here.

Back soon.

16 comments:

  1. Love that "frosty" treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a great eye to see what works best. It is outstanding, fabulous! I love it. Will you frame it? or will it become a pillow? J'adore!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I'm always inspired when I see your lovely stitching! You're so creative in how you combine stitches and designs. What a wonderful piece!
    Stay cool, it's hot here too, so thank goodness for air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blocks are just lovely and show the different seasons well... so much detail in there
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your four seasons quilt there is so much to see on it. You do beautiful work. I did enlarge the picture too, so I could see all the beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an imaginative project Lin, love the idea of your vine unifying the blocks and yet differentiating them at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely Lin. I like the idea of extending the stitching out into the frame:)

    Your weather sounds like ours. It was 30C yesterday but as the weatherman said it felt like 39C. It's okay if there is a breeze but not when it dead calm. The evenings are still cool so not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful Lin. Extending the flower vines into the frame is perfect. We have crazy temp swings this year in Northern Indiana USA. I think the whole world is experiencing it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting to see your crazy blocks being joined together, I love them all. The velvet that you dyed looks perfect and it is so beautiful how you extend the flower vines into the frame. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lin, it´s fabulous.How many blocks have your sampler?Can´t wait to see it finished.

    Wishing you an amazing weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lin, your crazy work is just stunning. I love all the little details. x:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is unbelievably beautiful. I thank you for the close-ups. It really makes it possible to see some of the beauty. I, too, like the green velvet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching Lin and I like your colour combinations, so very pretty bright colours against the plainer background, ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this project. It is beautiful. The chain around the entire block is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.