Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 30 January 2016

Holiday Challenge

A few years back now I was asked to keep a daily journal/sketchbook as part of a course that I was following. I enjoyed the process very much and continued on long after the end of the course. The Journals make interesting reading and my artwork is a useful reference. However, it is now several years since I seriously did any work on a Journal and so I thought that my upcoming holiday to Spain - did I mention we are off to Spain!! - would be an ideal opportunity to make a new start.
So hence my holiday challenge.
I have a small, A6, plain boring sketchbook which I intend to transform with lots of sketches, notes and colour.


It shouldn't be too difficult to fill at least one double spread a day should it?


I have packed my favourite pens and a small selection of paints and crayons.


Of course, the reason I am blogging about this is that I need to be seen to make a commitment - otherwise it will never happen!

Hope everyone has a great month of February.

10 comments:

  1. Ooooo Lin, I can't wait to see that little sketch book tranformed in to an amazing work of art. Will you be sharing your daily double page spreads on your blog? Enjoy your trip X:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I would love to be able to do something like this. Unfortuately I struggle to draw a straight line with a ruler. I look forward to seeing your sketches xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ill be watching to see what you come up with
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love journalling! I think it is a wonderful creative keepsake of your holiday...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good idea and will be interesting to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems a very interesting thing to do on a vacation trip.
    I'm curious to see the result.
    I wish a great trip!
    Hugs!
    Egléa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh how lovely! I'm afraid to commit on my blog to something, I never seem to follow through - but if I don't commit on my blog, I'll do it! Maybe I'm just contrary, lol. Enjoy Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your holiday challenge is a great idea. I look forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best wishes on your successful journaling!! That's a great idea and I bet it will prove useful, especially with your developing embroidery/design ideas.
    Have a great time in Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of journaling. I do a lot of words on the computer, but I don't use the sketch book I bought for that purpose. In fact, I may have given it to my son recently.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.