Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Tuesday 2 December 2014

Autumn Crazy finish!


My Autumn crazy block is finished!! Well apart from a few additions around the edges when the sashing is on.
This has been fun to do - I've tried out a few new stitches and techniques and love my finished block. Here are a few details.






Another finish this week has been this little pincushion using a Jenny of Elefantz design.



This is a gift for a friend so I added a pocket on the back for a nice new sharp pair of embroidery scissors. I hope she likes it!

In the post today was the lovely pack of Kona solids that I won in the Canada Blogathon from Sew-Sisters. What a lovely collection of colours.


And, finally winter has arrived. Temperatures have dropped from 25 on Sunday afternoon to 5 degrees today! The birds are busy feeding on our fat balls and peanuts and, hopefully, the numbers of flies and hornets around will decrease rapidly too!

It seems very quiet in blogland - I expect everyone is busy with Christmas stitching. Hope you all have a good week.

12 comments:

  1. Lin , your block is stunning ! You put such lovely detail in these blocks they are a work of art. Your pincushion is sweet too and your friend will love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well WOW WOw ! on both accounts my friend. The crazy patchwork is amazing love the colours and as ever in awe of the stitching. Then what a great winfall and yes I agree the colours are fab x:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects! Yes we all have been a bit quieter in Blogland haven't we? Lots of frenetic sewing for swaps etc! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Autumn bock is beautiful, as always your stitching is amazing, and I love your button details.
    Your friend will love her pressie, so special.

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a wonderful crazy quilt!!!
    all those stitches made a lovey keep sake that is for sure. I looks like a labor of love, job well done Lin
    Cute pincushion for your friend, I like the idea of the little pocket
    have a great week
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome block! I've said it before, but I'll say it again, you're one patient woman! Lovely stitching. Congrats on your fabric win-free fabric is always welcome, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. simply stunning Lin! a work of art!
    so clever & such skills, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An absolutely wonderful autumn crazy block Lin! Your stitching is beautiful and all the colours are lovely. The ribbon embroidery looks super! What a lovely pincushion and I love the Made Do and Mend and what a nice touch with a pocket on the back for scissors. Congratulations on the win! Kona cloth is wonderful to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seus bordados estão maravilhosos! Quantos pontos diferentes e bem combinados! Parabéns!
    Você ganhou um bom presente. Tecidos para muitas artes.
    Eu gosto dos projetos da Jenny. Eles são simples e delicados. sua amiga ficará feliz com o presente.
    Um abraço!

    Their embroidery are wonderful! How many different points and well combined! Congratulations!
    You won a good gift. Fabrics for many arts.
    I like the Jenny projects. They are simple and delicate. your friend will be happy with this.
    Hugs!
    Egléa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the win of the Kona solids. Such pretty colours:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love the pincushion! May I show the photo on my blog please?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.