Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Saturday 18 October 2014

FNSI for October

Goodness this months FNSI has come round very quickly!


Thank you very much for hosting Wendy after your busy week.

Following last months FNSI I was visited by Tracy the Outback Craftaholic. And I am so pleased that I was because of course I returned the visit and found myself another great blog to follow. Not only that but Tracy had a giveaway that I could not resist entering for and yes, you have guessed it, I won! And I am so, so pleased.


I thought this Gail Pan book would be good and it certainly is. Lots of lovely Christmas projects to stitch. The book arrived last weekend while we were away and I could not wait to get started. My first project was soon traced up and stitching commenced. So appropriately that is what I was doing yesterday.


And this is as far as I had got when I had to give up and go to bed last night!

I had two friends visiting in the afternoon - Linda who is completing the quilting on her first quilt - a goosey gander lap quilt and Babs who was planning a hanging tote to store her rulers and cutters. She made a good start on one of the patchwork pockets for it too. So a lovely gossipy productive afternoon raced by helped along with tea and chocolate cookies.


================

I have finished all the patchwork now on my hexagon table topper - all it needs is some lining fabric and maybe a few tied stitches to hold the layers.


I am very pleased with the way that the edging has worked out.


And of course I still love the back! I shall be sorry to cover it up.


I am still sorting through my pictures from Rome - had to take my second best camera to save weight and it does not have a viewfinder. So although the quality of pictures it takes is good, in brilliant sunshine, which is what we had, it was not always easy to see what I was taking!!

However, we had a fabulous time and I shall tell you all about it soon.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Lin Oh I love your Gail Pan stitchery. Looking forward to seeing your Rome photies x:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great to see you start your sttichereis so quick... I hadn't seen that book... how fun... I do love your hexagons too..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail have really lovely stitcheries, lucky you! Love your hexie quilt, very colourful :) Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win from Tracy, Lin, it's a great book...

    Lovely hexy's there- I love those happy colours & prints... I'm interested to see how you finish it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your hexie table topper, so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your hexies topper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hexie topper is just fabulous!
    How nice to have a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see your pictures from Rome!! Sweet Christmas embroidery, and I just love your hexie table topper. I'm working on a hexie table topper, too, and decided to just back it with a large piece of felt and top stitch inside of each hexie. That's a lot of top stitching, so am just doing a little every day. I made some coasters like that last year with just one hexie flower each, and really liked how they turned out, so thought it would work well for a table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your embroidery and it looks like a very relaxing project to work on. Congrats on your win!! Your hexies turned out so lovely and I like the combination of the small flowered fabrics with the solids. Nice fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.