Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy reading about my adventures - in stitch and otherwise! And I hope that you will leave a comment so that I know you have visited.

Monday 29 April 2013

Another Mystery

Heather Spence is organising another Mystery Quilt which I have signed up for. This time she is raising money to help Wyatt who is 3 years old and is having long term treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Click the pink button on the right to find out more about Heather's Mystery Quilts.

I am running behind as the first clue came out whilst we were in UK but I have all my fabrics


which have an oriental flavour to them, and I have now cut out and machined together clue #1. Not pressed yet so I cannot show you a photo but I will post one as soon as I have a chance to get the iron out. I have two more clues to do to catch up - #4 comes out on Friday but I doubt if they will be done by then.

While we were away I was browsing in a small haberdashery in Burnham on Sea when I came across a small basket of exquisite, wood turned objects which turned out to be thimble holders. There were several styles but the one I fell in love with and had to have was this beautiful acorn.



They were made by a gentleman called Roy Bruce and as the ladies in the shop could tell me nothing about him except that he is 'local' I was hoping I might find him on the internet but unfortunately not.

Well, it is raining again here - two days of warmth last week followed by two frosts and now rain. What a change.

Best wishes

Lin

5 comments:

  1. lovely fabrics for your mystery quilt.
    your little thimble holder is adorable. what wonderful craftsmanship. I wouldn't have left it behind either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the acorn thimble holder! And, a mystery with an oriental flavour, I do like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lin that thimble holder is simple gorgeous. Good luck with your mystery quilt and prayers and thoughts for the little boy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin what a beautiful fabrics you have there for your mystery quilt. And for such a good cause. Lovely.
    I like that thimble holder - so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lin, those look like great fabrics to work with and the idea of a mystery quilt sounds like a lot of fun!
    What a neat find of the hand turned acorn. I'll have to show the photo to my husband.
    Take care,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave a message so that I know you have visited - I reply to all messages left here.